Gillingham & Shaftesbury News is owned by R&M Media Agency Limited which is run by husband and wife team Michael Streeter and Rachel Loos.
We are both experienced journalists who live and work in Gillingham and our children attend a local state school.
Gillingham News will focus on local news and provide the area with a dedicated community newspaper.
Each month we will publish stories about what’s going on in the community: the news that really matters to local people.
We see Gillingham News as a showcase for the extraordinary talents of local people, schools, community groups and businesses.
And the newspaper will be a champion for the community.
So please do contact us about stories and the groups and organisations that you are involved with!
Michael and Rachel
Where to find your copy of Gillingham & Shaftesbury News
Gillingham & Shaftesbury News is being distributed free to more than 7,000 homes in Gillingham and Mere. But you can also pick up a copy at the follow locations:
- Udder Farm Shop, East Stour
- Spar shop, Riverside Garage, West Stour
- Robin Hill Stores & Post Office, Marnhull
- Forge Post Office, Bourton
- Zeals Post Office Cote Lane, Kilmington
- Spread Eagle Inn, Stourton
- Co-Op, Mere
- Post Office, Mere
- Gillingham Railway Station
- Little Buddha Newsagents, Station Road, Gillingham
- RiversMeet Leisure Centre, Gillingham
- Waitrose Main Café
- Mole Country Stores, Gillingham
- North Dorset RFC, Slaughtergate, Gillingham