Gillingham Tandoori explains mystery of temporary closure
One of the figures behind the popular Gillingham Tandoori restaurant in The Square has apologised to customers after it unexpectedly closed its door last week, with its windows and doors shuttered up.
In a statement on social media on Saturday 8 December Mohammed, who lives in Gillingham, said: ‘We are very sorry for the bookings you’ve made on Thursday and the weekend.
‘We couldn’t operate for business as there is a legal and civil matter between freehold partners. We are trying to get a court order to open for business next week.’
He added: ‘We are sorry once again. Thanks for all the support.’
Mohammed has reportedly regained access to Gillingham Tandoori after a county court ruled that the boarding up of the restaurant was not lawful.
A Facebook statement from a supporter said:’Mohammed is hoping to be back open ASAP and is thankful to everyone for their support and good wishes.’