A man found in possession of more than 600 indecent images of children has been jailed for two years.
Martin James Hunt, aged 38 and of Fairey Crescent in Gillingham, was sentenced at Bournemouth Crown Court on Friday 26 July 2019 after admitting three offences of making indecent images of children and breaching a sexual harm prevention order.
Hunt had been made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order on 3 February 2017 after being convicted of offences involving indecent images of children. The conditions of the order included a requirement to produce any device capable of accessing the internet to his offender manager and make it available for inspection.
On 6 July 2018 officers attended Hunt’s address having received a notification that he was suspected of sending indecent images to a child in the United States of America.
Following a search, an iPhone was found hidden in his room and examined by officers.
When interviewed by officers he admitted they would find indecent images of children on the device. He said he had used it for three years and had attempted to hide it because he did not want his offender manager to find it.
Hunt admitted using the iPhone to chat to underage girls online and send indecent images.
Indecent images are graded from category A to C, with A the most serious.
On Hunt’s iPhone officers found 82 still images and 63 moving images that were graded category A, 117 still and 27 moving images graded category B and 367 still images and 15 moving images of category C.
Detective Constable Paul Williams, of Dorset Police’s Paedophile Online Investigation Team (POLIT), said: “’espite being the subject of a sexual harm prevention order for previous matters involving indecent images of children, Martin Hunt continued to offend and made efforts to conceal his behaviour.
‘This kind of offending can have devastating and lifelong impact on the children involved and we are determined to identify those responsible in producing and sharing these images and bring them before the courts.’